Saturday, June 20, 2015

I miss you-- a love letter



I miss you- a love letter
(This is from another love story I wrote a few years back. It's still one of my favorites, and I often find myself going back to read the story all over again. I hope you enjoy it.)

God, how I miss you.
Your innocence, your faith, your eyes.
Your fearlessness.
I miss the way your eyes light up with your smile.
I miss the feel of your lips on mine.
Your slender fingers playing whisperingly over my skin
In seeming innocence, as though you didn't know that
You set my soul on fire with just one touch, one look.
One kiss.
I catch myself saying your name at odd moments,
Just for the tingle of excitement that always passes through me
Whenever I say it aloud.
I lie in my bed in the dark and whisper your name into the darkness,
And I imagine you're there with me, your arm around me
As it once was.
I miss the way you always reached out for me while you slept,
When you were too lost to your dreams to even realize you were doing it.
I miss every second of every day we spent together.
I miss your thoughtfulness and the sound of your voice.
And more than all of this, I miss the smile you always saved
Just for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, let me know what you thought. Thank you!