Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Taking the Fall

Taking the fall

I'm not looking for perfection,
I'm not looking for scripted lines.
I can't be swayed by ego, or riches.
I only want your time.

So remove for me your mask,
Your lies, your misconceptions.
Leave your judgment at the door,
Your biased preconceptions.

My soul is honest, open.
And I ask from you the same.
Because that's the way it should be,
The heart is not a game.

If you're not afraid, you should be.
But I need you to be brave.
It takes a brave soul to risk so much,
and it's that honesty I crave.

If you're not willing to risk exposure,
If you're not willing to risk at all.
Then you can take this goodbye as closure.
Because you win only if you risk the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, let me know what you thought. Thank you!